The Truth Box: Band



Band

I love band contests. I don't like to sit there and freeze but it is the nature of the beast to be cold while you watch endless horns and flags march about on semi frozen tundra in October. Who knew when we picked our town 17 years ago that it would have such a kick #*& band program. I sat in the shuttle bus listening to a woman sing the accolades of one of my son's. Evidently he was not only very smart and very talented musically but he was also a very nice guy. She had a story about him racing after her daughter at a District competition when she rushed from the classroom after a perceived poor tryout performance. Nothing warms a mother's heart than to hear about a kindness that a child exhibits. I'd shuck all the honor rolls and scholarships for a story like this one, any day.

CD
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment