The Truth Box: How do you know if you can write?



How do you know if you can write?

One of my dear friends from work is about to get a book contract for her terrific book on launching teens. I am so proud of her and happy and impressed and a lot of other nice adjectives. She is someone who I would label an " authentic writer", defined by me as someone who has always had an interest in writing, has submitted articles to various media, runs a writer's group, knows her verb tenses and how to use them, goes to writer's conferences and hangs out with other writers. I am really none of those things and yet, I find myself writing because I feel I have something important to say. I totally understand the whole "pay your dues" thing in life and I absolutely respect and admire all the people that fall into the category of "authentic writer" but that doesn't help me characterize myself accurately when it comes to writing.

One of the things I am learning in life is that if God wants to do something, then He will accomplish His desire. Nothing I do will get in the way of God's will. I want to believe that my book is something that God wants to accomplish through me, despite my inadequacies as a writer. I feel a bit like Moses, in that He should have picked someone else. Maybe He hasn't really picked me in the first place but I will stand with my back to the wind of a thousand publishing details to accomplish this task, if this is what He has for me.

CD
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment