The Truth Box: A Year of Healing



A Year of Healing

Yesterday I embarked on a new adventure. Turned over a new leaf? Began the first day of the rest of my life? Call it what you will but I feel like I stuck a stake in the ground and said, "We start now!"

A little history: I suffer from Ulcerative Colitis. It began in 2001 with the diagnosis of Proctitis, a relatively manageable disease, and has since mushroomed into a colon pocked from a nearby bomb detonation. In 2004 I was hospitalized for 5 days. That says something right there. For the past 10 years I have enjoyed extended periods of remission but since Spring of 2010, I have felt like crap. (I feel compelled to use that adjective given my malady)

I love my Gastro Doc. He really listens to me and doesn't mind my tears, which inevitably flow when I am in a colon flare. He is not, however, of a mindset for holistic medicine. His reasons are valid, he is not studied in that field. During my last appointment I told him I was going to explore alternative medicine options. He looked at me with tenderness and said, given how sick I felt, he totally understood my decision. God bless that man.

Yesterday I had my first appointment with a doctor who practices Integrative Medicine.

I believe sharing this story will do me good so welcome aboard if you'd like to follow along. All support is welcome!


Pursuing Healing,
Caroline

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

7 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger DJTrishC said...

Sending you positive thoughts as you embark on this journey. I look forward to reading your posts and supporting you from afar!

Be well - Trish

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger treeby said...

I'm so proud of you!! Praying this will be the beginning of full recovery. Love you friend!

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be happy to follow you in your journey. At times we need company and am there for you! Let get going!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger AR said...

I'm proud of you. :)

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol...You are the bravest woman I know...and I love you for it! Hang in there baby girl! Thanks for the inspiration and for being so authentic!! :) Lori S...

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Jen said...

What Tree said - I'm proud of you too!

 
At 5:08 AM, Anonymous bobbie pearson said...

Gee Carol,, I didn't know. We will pray for your healing and for clear direction for you. Hugs.

 

Post a Comment