The Truth Box: Blue



Blue

I hate it when I feel blue for no apparent reason. I suppose this a time where I need to employ the concepts of my book and figure out the truth of the matter!

Maybe it is missing my Mom. It still makes me cry, practically the split second I release that sentence from my brain. The holidays will be so void without her. She loved to plan the food and decorate her house and to come visit our household with all it's hustle and bustle. She was such a stunning lady, always impeccably dressed when she went out. I have been dreading this time when I need to plan my baking and meal menus. We always discussed these things. I would try and talk her out of making weird cookies with fruit and nuts in them and talk her into making some of my favorites to save me the trouble.

The worst will be planning for Christmas day. I just don't want to think of that right now. Maybe if I can get through some of the pre-Christmas parties and Open Houses, that day will be easier. That would be supernatural if that came true. After all, that day is supernatural by definition. The God who can pour Himself into a human being and live on earth for 33 years can certainly do anything He sets His mind to. Perhaps He will comfort me this season in ways unimaginable. I think I am beginning to talk myself out of being blue, with the mere anticipation of Him meeting me where I am in my sorrow. Instead of watching for the star, I will start this moment to watch for Him.

CD
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment