The Truth Box: La La Land



La La Land

Ever since I moved to this city I have longed to live in a certain suburb. Its small,has beautifully landscaped yards and looks like it was dropped in its entirety directly from Great Britain. I will never live there. I walk there, have friends I visit there, my favorite movie house is there along with one of my favorite restaurants but alas, I will never have that zip code on my home address.

My husband doesn't understand the dream of a cool house in a cool neighborhood. He is way to practical to think about living somewhere just for the ambience. He's a good man though so I can't be mad because he doesn't share all my dreams.

One place we probably both muse about is life on the ocean. I imagine living on the water, feeling the ocean breeze daily, smelling fish fumes whenever the wind changes and watching glorious storms roll over the water towards us. Now that is a dream I am holding on to. It will probably never happen for more than a week or two at a time but I will still hold out hope that someday my street name will contain some form of the words water or shell.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the aesthetics of a place is important, too. I used to think of this as a shallow attitude and that "bloom where you are planted" was the more mature way to approach things. Now, though, as I get older, I have simply given in to being lulled by the overall feel of a place or a person. Why can't you live in the place you like so much?

 

Post a Comment