The Truth Box: A plus B



A plus B

I cannot do whatever I like. There are laws in the universe, set in place by God to keep things in balance. Much as I'd like to live carefree, it won't happen. Can't happen. How arrogant of me to think life provides a canvas for selfish dreams. Shallow souls come from living without restraint.

I desire a deep and rich soul. That said, I will never make all the right decisions, say no to all the bad things, hold precious all things worthy. I will likely make the beautiful profane.

Yet, the consequences of my mistakes mold my soul. Life continues to verify, even if I do A and B, C may not follow. That was my original understanding, my early learning. A plus B will equal C. Not so.

Something else determines C.

Life is more about the doing of A and B without any expectation of C or D or ... any other outcome. This realization should reduce my stress levels but there is a comfort in thinking life has formulas. I am sad to say goodbye to the illusion of control.

Time to go do A and B.

Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What on earth are you talking about? I think you can pretty much do whatever you like.

 

Post a Comment