The Truth Box: Little diddy 'bout ...



Little diddy 'bout ...

I let some time slip by. I wrote several entries in my head but they never made it to the keyboard.

Saturday was spectacular. The weather was sunny and warm, almost too warm too soon for my liking. Landscapes are beginning to resonate green rather than gray. We gave one of our old junky cars to a friend of my son who badly needed wheels. Not much of a gift but he appeared grateful. But best of all, I drove for 2 hours to see old friends.

I feel young again just sharing memories over lunch. The organizer of the get together leads a very interesting life. All eyes and ears fell on her and the rest of the room disappeared when she recounted her life story. Its exciting to slip into the shoes of someone else's life for an afternoon.

There is something about being with people who know your history. Connecting Dick with Jane. Remembering who had a crush on who.

I loved that time in my life. I even loved Junior High. I peaked then, popularity wise. Cheerleader, Student Council, Girls Club President, invited to all the cool parties.

Its good to remember. Its good to feel like a 16 year-old again. Life, with so many opportunities. It can be full and rich now but the possibilities are fewer and many of the dreams are lost to the practicalities of middle age. I will never do such and such now. I will never have this or that.

Growing old gracefully means learning to live with the loss of dreams and yet not be afraid to keep dreaming.

Living the dream (at least some of them),
Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger FraSha said...

"Growing old gracefully means learning to live with the loss of dreams and yet not be afraid to keep dreaming."

I like this a lot!!

 

Post a Comment