The Truth Box: It's Wedding Week



It's Wedding Week


"What foods can I eat at the rehearsal dinner and reception?", popped out of my mouth at my latest Dr.'s appointment. I wanted to cheat and I wasn't ashamed of it. After all, I baked over 800 cookies for the wedding without so much as a nibble. I deserve a break for a day or so, right?

Lucky or unlucky for me, my Dr. has a winsome way about her where she skillfully guided my thinking toward not really wanting sour cream on my baked potato. Oh, and the restaurant dressing won't really be a big deal, will it? I won't pick blue cheese or anything, (although I'd love that choice). Her reply, "Just ask for oil and some fresh lemon to squeeze on the salad. Oh, for heaven's sake!

I have the entree covered in both venues but I was hoping for a little relaxation of the rules on the sides and such. Not so fast. Some of my results are back and while I don't have Celiac's disease, I need to stay away from gluten. And sugar, which feeds the gluten. And dairy. And apples! Weird, huh? Next week I get the full report but right now I have to admit I already mourn the loss of cheese coneys!

Kroger has a decent gluten-free frozen section in their health food area. I purchased a pizza (what the heck is that cheese going to be, I really don't want to know), a frozen burrito and a small Mexican entree. I could eat at Morton's Steak House for what I paid for all of it but I'll give it a try.

That's what this is all about. Trying to find new ways to eat healthy and within my new found guidelines. Today the Dr. said, "Knowledge is power." I don't feel very powerful yet but maybe as I start to improve, I'll gain a certain confidence about my choices and the bounce will return to my step.

So many join me in avoiding gluten, which makes the adage, "misery loves company" ring true. And thank goodness for the Internet. Resources abound there and good friends sending tips, are balm to the soul.

This Friday, as MOG, I'll put on my "beige dress" and try and stay out of the way. Remembering how much I already love my new DIL will put the perfect smile on my face as I go down the aisle on the arm of my son, starting a brand new chapter in the life of our family.

Smiling already,

Caroline

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment