The Truth Box: Plan B



Plan B

I get jazzed about teaching. I just started a new role which isn't traditional teaching. Its more like mentoring with an emphasis on teaching. I meet with a young girl who just found out Jesus is a little more relational than her Our Father prayers from the past led her to believe.

She is excited to learn about God and why the heck he even cares about the things in our daily lives. Most puzzling to her and I is the fact that when he looks down on us from his mansion in the sky he doesn't see all the crap we have done, all the bad stuff I have thought over the years. If he is all knowing and omnipresent, he must know of it yet because of Jesus, has chosen to put on special 3-D glasses that hide it all when he views us.

Seems too good to be true. I guess since he created us for relationship and we screwed it up, Jesus was his "plan B". Of course if he is all knowing, he knew we would screw it up so Jesus is probably "plan A", disguised as "plan B" in order to draw attention to the mercy and grace factor.

This stuff sometimes makes my brain hurt.

Peace out, Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger AR said...

Love a couple things...

One, just your casual but creative vocab - i.e. "jazzed"!

And two, I love the truth followed by the reality that it's tough to understand... "making your brain hurt."

Love it! Keep it up!

AR

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger AR said...

Love a couple things...

One, just your casual but creative vocab - i.e. "jazzed"!

And two, I love the truth followed by the reality that it's tough to understand... "making your brain hurt."

Love it! Keep it up!

AR

 
At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you think God chooses to ignore what we consider the "bad" parts of us? Interesting. I sort of think that God sees and loves every part. No 3-D glasses and no Plan B and we didn't screw it up. All is forgiven and we are all whole and we are all good and we are all free.

My theology is fun, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment