The Truth Box: Looking for a dress



Looking for a dress

My oldest son is getting married this summer. He reconnected with a wonderful girl from his college days. The courtship was short and sweet and now the wedding is a month away.

I decided to attempt some bonding time with my daughter who has been going through a rough time of late. Shopping with a teen brings a whole new atmosphere to the search for a wedding dress. MOG's are supposed to wear beige and fade into the background but I don't really want to do that. Not that I want to steal attention away from the bride ... I can't because she is lovely, but wearing beige is not in my color palette.

My fashion savvy teen found a cool dress. Its very non-traditional. So non-traditional that I fear the bride won't like the dress. I guess we will see.

Maybe I should have a back-up beige-like frock, waiting in the wings. The relationship navigation begins now.

Chic in Black,
Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO NOT GO BEIGE! Knock 'em out, sister.

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Angie said...

10 years ago I wore a chic black dress to my daughter's wedding....she picked it out and I really felt sophisticated...go for it!! and...having also been a MOG I refused the beige thing :) Beige is boring...you are not!!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

the dress was great btw...you looked wonderful in it...and you're right...you couldn't have taken away the attention from me! ;-) totally joking! :)

 

Post a Comment