The Truth Box: The Oscars



The Oscars

Wanting to fit in with the audience, I wore my tiara last night while I watched the academy awards. Usually I feel like I am from another planet when I watch the celebs float down the red carpet and into their seats. There exists a social juxtaposition as my life is so completely different from theirs and yet because of their media presence, I can feel like their best friend.

So wearing my glittering headpiece made me feel like I had received an invitation but chose to watch from home because of other obligations.

I loved the show. Of course with Hugh Jackman dancing about and flashing his gorgeous smile all night, who could resist being captured by the glamour. Last night's 81'st Academy Award show brought back elegance and refinement sadly missing from much of today's entertainment world. Oh, the fashion tries to keep these qualities in tact but the glib actions of the presenters and the impudent political speeches of some of the winners seems to tug the ambience of the event further downward each year.

This year was different. Fewer speeches. No embarrassing jokes that I can recall. The musical performances showed a throw back to the old days where class, not shock value was the mark the producers were aiming for. My favorite thing was how they presented the major awards to the best's and the supporting's. Bringing back past winners, giving them personal, well written glowing remarks to direct to each of the nominees brought a new level of pageantry to the evening. Nostalgia always touches my heart and gives me goose bumps.

I hope they have already penned the contract with Hugh for next year.

Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment