The Truth Box: Generational Patterns



Generational Patterns

The other night a very good friend of mine shared her heart on life lessons learned from caring for aged parents. She is a graphic designer by trade so not only did she eloquently express her experiences verbally but supplied a fabulous color coordinated chart conveying her message. Instead of overwhelming me with details, she brought order and clarification to life's seasons. The message could have been guilt producing but it left me with a sense of purpose.

I do believe God is a God of order and patterns. My friend captured this truth well.

God speaks and brings order to the chaos. He means to do the same with my life. I continually seek for my "fit" in the pattern. Like placing an elusive jigsaw puzzle piece into the puzzle, finding my place in a day creates a sense of satisfaction. Not to suggest I move robotically through life looking for the exact situation I should show up for, but I try to continually sense where my presence can be used best.

If you take the right attitude, it can be like a treasure hunt. "I wonder what He has for me today?" For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.(Eph. 2:10)

So anyway, her talk helped with the questions of "what am I here for" and "what do I do next?"

Trying to figure it out,
Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, Blogger SRA said...

Carol,
Sometimes I've found we just need to get out of God's way! We over analyze all the stuff in our lives that we can't see the "Purpose" forest through all the trees of responsibility we've signed up for!

You are making your way beautifully through this amazing thing called life. You share of yourself so selflessly with others...and you love with your whole heart! That my friend, is something that makes God smile!

Hey, when do you want to take that walk through the Zoo...remember we talked about doing that?!! Love to you this day...Lori

 

Post a Comment