The Truth Box: Facebook



Facebook

My friend wrote about Facebook today on her BLOG. She is "tired of the noise." I completely understand but I love the noise. She accurately described the dipping into different conversations and I love that too. I do not, however, like hearing the results of peoples quizzes and surveys. Its gotten ridiculous. "What kind of tomato are you most like in the morning before you have had your coffee?" I don't care about that.

I do care about hearing when friends have sick kids and they were up all night attending to them. I care when someone posts a prayer request for a soldier hit by an IED. Hearing how someone spends their day helps me get a glimpse into their life. The glimpses often lead to a better understanding of their nature. Sometimes its all fluff being shared but sometimes a hint of a deep hurt or an anxiety seeps thru. When I tell people I use Facebook for work, this is what I am referring to.

The trick lies in remembering such tidbits when I see the friend who stayed up all night or who anticipates a difficult doctor's appointment. There is knowing people's stuff and then there is knowing their stuff and using it to connect in a meaningful way. I love when someone remembers something about my ordinary life and then asks about it. It feels good to have someone care about me. Even if its sometimes a tiny bit feigned. I won't hold that against them.

Sometimes when I change my Facebook status I am calling out for a little help. Hoping for an extra thought or prayer sent my way. I get by with a little help from my friends, loving it when they help me lift my burdens.

Wondering what's going on in your life today?
Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment