The Truth Box: Post Christmas



Post Christmas

It is New Year's Day and I have successfully made it through a major holiday season without Mom. It was hard and I cried more than I thought I would. In the end, it feels good to have it over with. I noticed that I just kind of floated through the day on Christmas. When I tried to recall certain gifts from certain people, I just couldn't pull the answers from my brain. I guess it was a coping mechanism. I was half hearted in a lot of areas. I am lucky I got the things done that I did.

Last night was a great New Year's Eve. Hubby, Emma and I went to Emma's sister's house for good bourbon and good conversation. Believe me, the bourbon was absolutely necessary. I used it in college when I had killer cramps and I use it occasionally when I am drinking socially. "Using it" is actually the honest term. Although I was not over indulging, I would have not got behind the wheel of a car. There is just something about that drink. It makes me feel at home.

Today we took down the tree and I feel that it was a bit rushed. It seemed as if the goal was just to get through one more aspect of the holiday season. Usually, I like to linger with the tree. As long as it is healthy and keeping it's needles, I have been known to keep the tree up well into January. Not this year. There was an absence of lingering in all realms of the season. Just get through it seemed to be the motto.

I am feeling good as I look to the new year. I have a new piece of exercise equipment that I will begin to use tomorrow ... no, really ... tomorrow! I am thinking that this is going to be a good year in many many respects.

I will close with a New Year's resolution. Besides the 50 by 50, I resolve to read more books, be more sensitive to the needs of others and get to know God in new ways.

Peace out!
C Drew
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment