The Truth Box: Book Club night at the movies



Book Club night at the movies

A while back, I read this great book, The Jane Austen Book Club. There is currently a movie out made from the book playing at my favorite local theater so I sent an email to the Book Club suggesting we all go and see it ... since we read the book and all.

Well I got very little response and in the end only one of the other members went with me to see the movie. So, Jackie and I went to the movie and as we walked back to the car, she ever so gently suggested that perhaps the lack of response for the movie trip had something to do with us, as a book club, never actually reading the book - The Jane Austen Book Club. Surely not, I insisted. I am sure we read this book. During the movie, I annoyingly kept whispering to her, "do you remember this part from the book and that part, yada... yada....' She kept answering no, I don't remember and I don't think I read the book.

So I come in the house after she drops me off and check the list. It's a long list,mind you. Our club has been meeting 13 years.

I am a dork, that's all I am going to say.

Well, no, one more comment. My book club should really read this book sometime. It is great and the movie is great as well. :)

Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

 

Post a Comment