The Truth Box: How old am I?



How old am I?

When it comes to the subject of friendships, I am feeling like I am twelve years old again. Well, maybe Junior High would be a more accurate picture. You know that sinking feeling when you know your best friend is upset with you but you are not quite sure what to do about it? That is the emotion I am battling at the present. A while back I was writing about a dying friendship and now I am waxing about a friendship going through changes. I know that this one is not ready for the morgue but it feels scary when things are not smooth and happy.

These friendship trials are actually telling me something about myself. I am way more insecure than I thought I was. Either that or I have a major codependency going on with some of my girlfriends. I'd prefer the former analysis. I guess I have to get on the Box ... you know, that thing I wrote a book about. If I stand on the box I know that I haven't really done anything wrong but maybe I could stand to be more sensitive to the emotional needs of my friends. I learned a long time ago that people are eventually going to disappoint you based on the fact that no one is perfect. That unfortunately includes myself.

So all this rambling to say ... worry less about the little things, try to serve your friends in a selfless way, own what you need to own and give one another grace.

Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment