The Truth Box: 200cc's



200cc's

My brother in law is a Harley rider. He goes on long weekend rides with his riding buddies and leaves my sister at home by the pool with a good book (which is fine with her, by the way.) He incorporates his faith with his riding, as he is involved with a ministry called Biker Chaplains, or something very close to that. They have a website and he goes to training for his title of chaplaincy and life is good for him as he rides into the sunset on beautiful Dallas evenings.

I am expressing my own "need for speed" and apparently several other things by purchasing a scooter. It is something I have always wanted. I believe my fascination with them first began sometime during my initial trip to Europe. You cannot ride them on the Autobahn but they are seen just about everywhere else over there. My girlfriend, Joy, has a very cool green one and she and I are about to take our friendship to a new level. We will become scooter buddies.

The other night I spent an unbelievable amount of time searching the web for biker paraphernalia. Several hours and hundreds of dollars later, I am now the owner of brand new Harley boots, a cool riding jacket, gloves and a lemon yellow helmet. It will be almost like Christmastime, waiting for the UPS truck in the next week or two.

My husband says this is all part of the grieving process. I suspect he is just being nice so that he can ride the scooter too. Tomorrow, Lord willing, I take the test to get my temps. Let's see ... when riding into a curve, the four steps for better control are: slow, look, press and roll. Look out world, here I come!


Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment