The Truth Box: People come into your life for a reason



People come into your life for a reason

When I was in the 7th grade, I met a boy at camp who became my pen pal for a brief period of time. It came to a crashing halt when I wrote a stupid nonsensical letter in response to one of his normal letters. Years later I began to use this story as an application of how NOT to communicate with God. Although God accepts us for who we are, I believe He prefers it when we have coherent two sided conversations filled with His ideas as well as our own.

So the story was about a boy who lived in another town, who I would never see again and who did not have a huge role in the relationship stories of my life, but ...

One day, some 30 years later, while glancing at a staff listing of a local church, I see the same name as my camp pen pal. I write to the email listed and find out it is indeed my old friend. This man works in the same field as I work and in a setting less than 15 minutes from where I work. Neither of us is living and working in the same town that we grew up in so it is a bit odd that we ended up so close in proximity. We subsequently exchange a few emails and catch up on one another's lives.

So I am thinking ... hhhmmm. What is the point in all of this? It is not like we will likely beconme close friends given the different sexes but I am wondering if there is a reason for this reaquaintance. That is the very cool thing about God, the fact that He intertwines peoples lives to accomplish His desires.

I am anxiously awaiting how He is planning on using this friendship. I can't even imagine.

Peace out,
Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment