The Truth Box: I see the Hand



I see the Hand

I would title this, “I am a dork", but I think I have already used that one. I feel like the Israelites pacing restlessly at the foot of the mountain while Moses is getting some pretty important face time with God. When will I ever learn?

Backing up, I went to a life changing writer's conference at the beginning of the month. I will never be the same. I went alone. I am a novice. Those two things alone would have scared some but I persevered and stuck it out there and had the time of my life. Amazing people, challenging teaching and motivating speakers made my time priceless.

One component of a good conference is time with some of the power people of the book industry. You stand in line and fight for a time slot so you can embarrass yourself by stammering and stuttering and ineptly explaining whatever piece you brought to sell. A claim of further interest is the goal but second place might be a referral by someone with some clout. I really didn't get either but the one card I did get with some nice contact info on it is now lost. Thus, the "I'm a dork" comment.

So days of berating myself has gotten me nowhere except to the realization that if God wants my book published, it is not all going to hinge on a silly little business card. Oh, God is way bigger than that. Let's see how He does this! I rejoice in the results even before they have been revealed.

Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment