The Truth Box: I got Skyline on my shirt today!



I got Skyline on my shirt today!

O.K., I will attempt to be humble here, but I am really really good at eating a 3-way without sauce spots landing on my shirt. I have been consuming this delicacy for over 15 years now and I can walk out of the restaurant without mishap, 95 times out of 100. Today was one of those days where, obviously, something in my being was amiss. It is cause for me to pause and examine how things are going in my life.

My husband reminds me that life is good right now. He is right. I need to learn to focus on the positive and try and forget the small insignificant stuff. I think someone wrote a book about that concept. I just have to face the fact that I am in a transitional stage of my life right now. And with change, often comes unsettled feelings. I guess you could label it insecurities. I have been discovering that I am not as secure as I thought I was.

Recently, I did some Personal Development evaluations and realized that these insecurities are way more prevalent in my life than I thought they were. Now I just have to figure out how to battle them in my mind when they begin to rear their ugly heads. I know where my self-esteem is supposed to be rooted but I often do not live my life with that truth in mind. I am speaking of course about my relationship with Jesus Christ. No other opinion really matters. I would not want to blow through life not caring about others but really I need to care most about Jesus and what He thinks of my daily adventures and relationships.

Maybe I need to wear that reminder on my chest instead of a 3-way.


Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment