The Truth Box: Shifting sands



Shifting sands

Vacation on the Panhandle was wonderful. I have never placed Fla. in my top places to live but something about this region feels different than the rest of the Sunshine State. Whenever I go near mass bodies of salt water, save Utah, I have three priorities; eat raw oysters, read as many books as possible and try to avoid 2nd degree sunburn. I believe I was successful on all three accounts.

Double red flags flew on the beach the first full day there. Not good for swimming, unless you want to get arrested. The next day was a single red flag. Still not great but no jail time involved with taking a dip. Finally the water calmed near the end of the week and the color of the flag should have flown purple ... sea pests! Jellyfish were everywhere so in a move entirely out of character for me, I hit the pool harder than the surf.

The seafood was fabulous. One night fru fru fish dishes were the fare and the next night, raw oysters in a biker bar. Doesn't get a lot better than that in my book.

As for the reading, I made a tiny dent in my stack.

I would write more but I am tired from re-entry so I will have to expound at a later date.

Love the white sand and turquoise sea! Thank you Joy and Dennis!

Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment