The Truth Box: Tank Filling



Tank Filling

I am learning an important lesson. Most of the time I consider myself relationally gifted and yet I am just now learning some remedial relationship truths. When you feel emotionally depleted, figure out which things fill you back up and then begin to do them. Just like an engine needs fuel, my emotional tank needs things which give me succor.

Pride often keeps me from filling my tank. I believe I can run on empty or by the sheer depth of my caring, when in fact, I need filled just like anyone else. Lack of intentionality keeps my tank on low as well. For me, getting filled takes deep thought and perseverance to find quality sustenance. Knowing myself is key. Allowing others to know me is essential.

Hopefully, my writing this will serve as a reminder to pay more attention to me when I am feeling low. Surrounding myself with good and thoughtful people who know me well, and who will help process my emptiness, supplies me with a filled tank.


Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment