The Truth Box: Gut wrencher



Gut wrencher

I have been having some stomach problems of late. Without grossing out the reader, it has to do with painful gas and bloating. These pains also strike the memory nerve of when I was sick with my Ulcerative Colitis. Its called "flaring". I don't want to go back there again but I know it is probably just a matter of time.

My symptoms for that, much worse than the above mentioned pains, have been in remission for over 3 years. I am grateful for that time but I would very much like to extend that by several more years.

Does this sound greedy? I actually spent 5 days in the hospital last time. Who does that these days? My doctor, who I love, was on the verge of ordering surgery which I am still hoping to avoid that at all costs.

Colon surgery is a two-parter. You go in and remove some of the bad stuff. Receive a temporary colon fashioned from who-knows-what. Take some time to heal. And then they go back in and fashion something permanent of the same who-knows-what stuff.

I wouldn't have to worry too much about colon cancer from that point on, which is a plus but there are some nasty long lasting side-effects.

I'd use the expletive, "crap" right here but then you'd think I was trying to be funny.

Praying for the pain to go away,
Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment