The Truth Box: Summer



Summer

I had something interesting I was going to write about yesterday. I formed it in my head. Came just short of the punch line and was quite pleased with myself. Now, for the life of me, I can't remember a darn word of it. Not even the topic.

I hear people talk of this sort of thing...the memory loss, the misplaced keys, the missing TV remote.

Maybe I will remember but most likely its gone like the newness of summer once July 4th is over. I hate that. Memorial Day comes around and I get all excited about the summer ahead. June seems to creep and then boom, Fourth of July is upon us. The very next day I feel as if summer is almost over.

Maybe this has to do with band camp. This is our 13th and final year involved with band. Camp takes up the whole of August so, in fact, our summers are only two full months long. I miss the good old days where no school started before Labor Day. Summers were long and hot (we had the coolest July ever where I live) and I could go to the swimming pool and bake without the worry of dangerous rays.

I am a self-professed pool moocher. I obsess about swimming pools and water. Ironically, there is a swimming pool in the back yard of our neighbor directly behind us which never gets used. I considered asking if we bought the chemicals and offered to clean the pool whether they would mind a small ladder over the fence so I could swim at my leisure. This would never happen as our relationship with said neighbors is not of good standing.

They often complained of loud music playing when our teens were all home. Even I got in trouble for playing a loud CD while bouncing on the trampoline one day. Oh brother. People with such low tolerance for fun would never understand my pool obsession.

So I ride my scooter with no jacket when I am dying for a dip. Its like swimming with clothes on. The cool air rushing over your skin feels as close to a plunge in the pool without all the chlorine and wet towels.

Time to go for a ride,
Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

I, too, mourn the fact that school starts so early. It's just tragic. And pool mooching is an art and should be revered and respected. I applaud you!!!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Berta said...

well... Build one in your backyard and I will mooch off of YOU!

 

Post a Comment