The Truth Box: D-Day



D-Day


D-Day

• Alarm set for 6:00 a.m.
• Awoke 5:15 a.m.
• Shower
• Briefly researched blogs as to whether or not to have something in stomach before infusion
• Decision: eat an egg, a few potatoes and half of a sausage
• Ride arrives at 6:50 a.m.
• Mild traffic on freeways
• GPS lands us there 10 minutes early
• Most difficult part of day: finding the actual room for treatment
• Nice staff…thank goodness
• Weigh in
• Blood work… I never watch
• Take Tylenol for possible headache and Benadryl for possible reaction (no reactions occurred)
• Sign waivers
• Hook up Remicade drip
• Sit for 2 hours in chair watching Morning TV Show and dozing
• Pleasant ride home with chauffeur/good friend
• Eat small bowl of soup (brought by loving neighbors)
• Take three hour nap
• Wake up as if nothing ever happened

Things to differently next time:
• Not worry so much the night before
• Drink plenty of fluids so my veins will “pop” easier
• Not stress about getting to infusion location
• Relax while I am there and either read or knit a little
• Count my blessings evidenced by the number of friends who lovingly care for me by notes/messages and acts of kindness when I am down and out
• Realize that although I have put off this course of action for about two years, trust that this is the right decision now
• Remember to continually call on Jehovah Rapha… the One who heals
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying it works great for you! :) love ya
sandra

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous bobbie pearson said...

Bless you my friend! John and I are praying for healing.

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred and I are praying for Gods healing touch on you Carol.

 

Post a Comment