The Truth Box: Just Getting Started



Just Getting Started



Starting fresh. New resolve. This year will be different. I always feel this way when the calendar turns over. A new me will emerge from the heavy life layers suppressing the true Caroline! I'll have to start wearing a nametag everywhere I go because no one will recognize me.

Up until now, reframing myself has not transpired. I show a minor burst of energy toward change but it fizzles quickly like the snow melting on the warmer asphalt roads of the Midwest winters.

Doing the same thing year after year expecting different results is likened to insanity. I must be a bit crazy then.

2012 will see real transformation. I feel it in my bones. I got a head start last September when I started my alternative/integrative medicine pursuit. It’s hard to explain that while my Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is as bad as it has ever been, in between bathroom stops, I feel great. Some have asked what I attribute this to. Supplements, diet change, acupuncture and prayer, definitely not in that order. The trip to the "new" Dr. was an attempt at avoiding a drug called Remicade (http://www.remicade.com/) and while I still have slight reservations, I no longer am averse to taking this drug. I’ve come to a place of peace with this next step of treatment.

This doesn't mean the new medicine exploration did not work. They never promised to rid me of my UC. They tried unsuccessfully to "turn it off". But I think I went there/am going there for different reasons, some I am not even aware of yet.

Projected transformations:
1. Walk! See this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo&feature

2. Travel! See Caroline go … without all the pit stops!

3. Knitting socks! It's intimidating but I'm going to do it!

4. Eat well. Remember, I do know my way around the Whole Food stores now!

5. A steadier dose of God things. You should see the books on my nightstand and Kindle!

I have to go now,
Caroline

Labels: , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger mtee said...

Those are great "goals"! I agree with you.. for some reason this year feels like the year I can let go.. accomplish at least one goal. I WILL go sleeveless with summer with no bat wings!! There.. it's out there so I must do react upon it!

If your mind is in a better place.. that's all that matters..right?

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous sbs said...

You go girl!

 

Post a Comment