The Truth Box: Missing Things



Missing Things

I feel exhausted. I ache in places where most people don't give a thought to. I am really tired of not feeling well. So here is a little list of the things I miss/have missed because of my illness:

1. My niece, Mel's, wedding in Dallas. I am still not over that one.
2. Helping my parents after some surgery.
3. Time with my PDP girls. One of my greatest joys in life.
4. Jumping in the car to drive to Detroit when my dear friend lost her mother.
5. Thursday morning bible study.
6. Cleaning my house. Ok, I don't really miss it but it needs to be done.
7. Lunch with friends.
8. Almost missed our son's rehearsal dinner.
9. Small group.
10. Feeling normal!
11. Not having people asking how I am doing. While I certainly appreciate it, I feel its been going on so long, everyone is probably becoming numb to the whole thing and tired of viewing me as the "sick one."
12. Various bridal showers and parties.
13. A Caribbean Cruise with very good friends.
14. A brief visit with my good friend in Northern CA.
15. Cooking and eating like a regular person.
16. Being able to sit through a Broadway Play.
17. Helping my husband paint the condo.

Enough whining. I continue to try and focus on the good days but its been a pretty bad two weeks. I'll be more cheery next time! Promise!

Caroline

p.s. Forgot one of the most important events I missed ; my son's graduation from college! War Eagle!

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to a lot of those:) sometimes I feel the same way. People forget, or their lives get to busy. Or they are going through something that though not evident drains their lives in a different way. When it seems all is great for others and they still fail to just ask, it can be hurtful though.

This illness keeps you from the normal, without really being able to tell others what the problem is. And leaves you trying everything to fix it, but still finding no sure cure or even relief.When you deal with a chronic illness that keeps you from enjoying even the simplist of things, it can make you feel unwanted, unable to be used, unloved and alone. I am learning that is one of Satans greatest tools to get us thinking down a path that will only create more heartache. God does have a purpose in our suffering.

You are SO loved and I am so very thankful that I have been able to know you. I would not have the kind of friendship I have you with you had you not been able to empathize with me as you have. God has used you through your illness to reach my heart.Though I don't want you at all to be sick either. Thank you for allowing yourself to be used in my life. You are a light.Praying for you friend. Much love to you.

Sandra

 

Post a Comment