The Truth Box: Delivery



Delivery

Well, I sit in the airport but my heart is 2 hours away on a ranch in the desert. We dropped off our daughter to a treatment facility for her eating disorder. It will be a good thing in the long run but in this very moment, it hurts like hell.

Her struggles have been too long and too deep and so we felt compelled to take this drastic step in hopes of gaining our girl back. God blessed us with good friends near the facility and so we experienced lots of TLC as we went through the admission process. I love the friends God has given us to walk through life with. I know the rest of the small army stayed back in their own homes and prayed like crazy. We felt the prayer cover.

I say that and yet it is so hard to describe how the prayers of the people convert to an inexplicable sense of peace and love. I imagine some supernatural transaction happening in the cosmos. One prayer sent up, colliding with the mysterious power of God and then exploding into droplets of calm and comfort which then rain down upon the subjects of the prayer. Probably not even close.

I'll take it anyway I can get it.

God, hold us in your arms during this present storm. I can bare the bumps in the night if I know you are there.

Holding on,
Caroline
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment